Hello and welcome to Miurie’s!
I am Sujata and I’m so excited that you found my blog. :)
Yeah that’s me, all cleaned up in this photo for you, but most of the time I am in my baggy clothes which are covered in either sawdust or paint splatters.
I love every aspect of making my home warm, inviting, beautiful, and comfortable by painting, building, creating, upholstering, sewing, gardening and lots more, with almost no help from anyone else. I am part dreamer and part doer. At any given point in time, I am either working on a project (sometimes multiple projects) or I’m dreaming about the projects I’m going to tackle. I often try out different materials and techniques and have learned mostly by getting my hands dirty in the process. You can call me the jack (jane) of a lot of trades and master of but some. Even if I had all the money in the world, I would still be working with my own two hands, because that’s what makes me happy.
If you are wondering about the name ‘Miurie’s‘, it is the combination of both of my daughters’ nicknames. Mi from the older one’s name Mitthu, and urie from the younger one’s name Gaurie. So Mi + urie = Miurie. This blog is where I share the adventures of working on DIY projects, home decor, home improvement, art, tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way, and even some failures, AND to top it all off, some other random life philosophies.
Still want to know more about me?
Here are some random facts about me;
- I live in Ontario, Canada with my husband of 23 years and two daughters.
- Before calling Canada my permanent home, I lived in a total of three different states in the USA for 6 years after moving from India in 1999.
- Before becoming a serial DIYer and a self-taught artist, I used to work as an Electronics & Communications engineer, because that’s what I was trained to do.
- I love to cook for my family. I tend to concoct fusion dishes with the combination of whatever on hand ingredients I have with a pinch from here and dash from there. But being from India myself, a lot of the times my style steers towards Indian cooking.
- I can read, write and speak Hindi, Punjabi, and English.
- Playing Sudoku is my guilty pleasure.
- I have a knack for drawing comparisons between human life and plant life.
- I use my cell phone only if I reeeeeally have to.
- I have been re-purposing and up-cycling since before it came in fashion. My mantra is if I can’t use it as it is, why not try to use it in some other capacity. See how an old tire from our car became a planter for my tomatoes.
Now that’s enough about me. I would love to hear from you too. Comment below or drop me a line or two at sujatasharma (at) miuries.com. just replace the [at] with @ and remove the spaces
Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to having more of your company!